That’s right, Hyper Gauntlet is now published through Desura. This means that any time I update Hyper Gauntlet, Desura’s client will automatically apply the patches on your system! So what are you waiting for? Go on over and buy it!
The game has been balanced to be faster and more fun, and I’ve fixed an important exploit to do with Slow Motion.
Unfortunately, these changes mean your high scores are going to be different to those made in v1.0.0, so your old high scores won’t show up. They’re still in my database though (and they’ll still show up in v1.0.0 too, if you’re curious), and I have plans for them in a later update, but for now your leader board is empty once more. If you’re interested in the other changes I’ve made to the game, there’s a full change log at the end of this post.
In the next Hyper Gauntlet version I hope to have implemented an automatic version checker that will tell you when a new version is available when you load the game.
Buy Hyper Gauntlet Now!
- Fixed slow motion regeneration not happening after a delay
- Increased base game speed
- Changed how level ups work, now there will be larger speed changes earlier on and less noticeable speed changes when it is already difficult
- Added separate volume control for sound effects
- Altered vignette timing so colours come in faster
- Fixed initial obstacle sets after level up not being faster
- Minor graphics modifications
- Added three separate graphics levels: Good, Bad and Ugly. (Difference is mainly Anti-aliasing levels)
- Made the game over screen keep the “Press esc to return to menu” text up.
Hyper Gauntlet releases at 11PM, GMT. Can you feel it? I can definitely feel it, it feels like excitement! Make a note of the following infos, because you might need it!
- For exactly 7 days, it will be priced at $3.50, after which it will increase to $5
- You can buy it from itch.io and IndieGameStand, Desura and Humble Store will follow.
- You can still play v0.9 of Hyper Gauntlet free here, but you won’t be able to use power ups.
- Since power ups offer a huge advantage to play, high scores from the free version will be kept separate from the paid version.
- A new free version will be released soon, but it will only contain bug fixes. New features will only be found in the paid version of Hyper Gauntlet.
- If you buy the beta version of Hyper Gauntlet, you will automatically receive the full version when that releases, no need to buy again. You will also get a steam key when it is Greenlit (and you can help Greenlight it by following this link).
- If I can get you keys, etc. as new stores come online, then I’ll get you those free of charge.
- If you find a bug, your best bet is to send it to my bug tracker. It guarantees you’ll get a personal response from me, and I’ll do my best to fix it ASAP.
Well, I think that’s everything you need to know. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the comments section. If not, then I’ll see you at 11!
Hyper Gauntlet: Legacy of Nozzlethruster III v1.0 will launch in 14 days, on March 1st, 2014. Let’s have a look at the features you can expect from the launch release:
Hurtle at whiplash-inducing speeds through a never-ending gauntlet of shiny blocks
Boost your score with reckless runs and power ups
Compete against the world for the highest score
Blocks of over 1 colour (2 colours)
More polished than the Queen’s cabinets
“Just. One. More. Go.” replayability
Not only do you get all that for the low, low price of $5 but if you buy within the first week, you’ll get an early bird special of $3.50!
But wait, there’s more!
It’s a beta! So you’ll get the chance to help shape the future of Hyper Gauntlet by suggesting features and complaining when I change things, which I’m sure you’ll enjoy. You’ll also be able to mock the fools who waited until the final release to buy when the price will be higher. When I put it like that, it kinda sounds like an investment, doesn’t it?
Here’s what people who write professionally think of Hyper Gauntlet:
It’s the sort of thing you don’t stop playing until long after your day’s responsibilities have rotted or left you a series of very angry text messages. And then after that, it sits in the back of your skull, screaming to the forefront every time you blink, colorful squares rushing by behind your eyelids like midnight traffic.” – Nathan Grayson, Rock Paper Shotgun
“Give Hyper Gauntlet 10 seconds of your time, and if you’re not gripped by then, fair enough, move on with your life. Otherwise, welcome to the leaderboards!” – Chris Priestman, IndieStatik
“My evening’s been lost to this reflex-based tunnel-racer.” – Julian Benson,PC Games N
So where do I buy it already?
First, wait until March 1st. Your desire to play Hyper Gauntlet right this very second is understandable, so if you want to play the free version 0.9 while you wait, go ahead.
Is it the 1st of March yet? Great! Then you should now be able to buy Hyper Gauntlet from any of the following sites (pending some verification / set up processes):
What about Steam?
Steam is lovely, isn’t it? It is! That’s why I’ve decided to launch a Greenlight page for Hyper Gauntlet, but I need your help. If you go to my Greenlight page and click the “yes” button, Hyper Gauntlet will rocket up the rankings and with a bit of luck will be greenlit before breakfast. And when it’s Greenlit you’ll be able to buy it from Steam or – if you’ve already bought it from somewhere else by then – you’ll receive a key for the Steam version.