The game has been balanced to be faster and more fun, and I’ve fixed an important exploit to do with Slow Motion.
Unfortunately, these changes mean your high scores are going to be different to those made in v1.0.0, so your old high scores won’t show up. They’re still in my database though (and they’ll still show up in v1.0.0 too, if you’re curious), and I have plans for them in a later update, but for now your leader board is empty once more. If you’re interested in the other changes I’ve made to the game, there’s a full change log at the end of this post.
In the next Hyper Gauntlet version I hope to have implemented an automatic version checker that will tell you when a new version is available when you load the game.
Buy Hyper Gauntlet Now!
- Fixed slow motion regeneration not happening after a delay
- Increased base game speed
- Changed how level ups work, now there will be larger speed changes earlier on and less noticeable speed changes when it is already difficult
- Added separate volume control for sound effects
- Altered vignette timing so colours come in faster
- Fixed initial obstacle sets after level up not being faster
- Minor graphics modifications
- Added three separate graphics levels: Good, Bad and Ugly. (Difference is mainly Anti-aliasing levels)
- Made the game over screen keep the “Press esc to return to menu” text up.