That’s right, Hyper Gauntlet is now published through Desura. This means that any time I update Hyper Gauntlet, Desura’s client will automatically apply the patches on your system! So what are you waiting for? Go on over and buy it!
It’s been quiet on the website front for a while now, but I assure you that it is definitely not been quiet on the development side of things. Work on Hyper Gauntlet continues at a great pace, and I’m pleased to be able to announce the features you can expect in v1.1 – the first “features” update.
- Hyper Sections – Every 3 levels the game enters an ultra-hard section. These could be incredibly fast, they could be incredibly dense in blocks or they could even be custom sections (perhaps spelling out a word or two). Completing a Hyper Section without losing a life is difficult, but the rewards will be great (although I’m still working on that).
- Numpad Controls – New control scheme that maps each possible position to the numpad (and it’s configurable, so you could really map it to anywhere).
- Low Contrast Mode – The high contrast of Hyper Gauntlet’s colours hurting your eyes? Turn on Low Contrast Mode to take it a bit easier.
- Restart Mid-Game – Completely messed up? Just hit backspace to try again!
- Update Checker – No more will you have to wait for me to email you when there’s been an update. Now Hyper Gauntlet will tell you when your version is out of date! Don’t worry though, you can still play out of date versions, but your scores will be segregated by version number to keep it fair.
The game has been balanced to be faster and more fun, and I’ve fixed an important exploit to do with Slow Motion.
Unfortunately, these changes mean your high scores are going to be different to those made in v1.0.0, so your old high scores won’t show up. They’re still in my database though (and they’ll still show up in v1.0.0 too, if you’re curious), and I have plans for them in a later update, but for now your leader board is empty once more. If you’re interested in the other changes I’ve made to the game, there’s a full change log at the end of this post.
In the next Hyper Gauntlet version I hope to have implemented an automatic version checker that will tell you when a new version is available when you load the game.
Buy Hyper Gauntlet Now!
- Fixed slow motion regeneration not happening after a delay
- Increased base game speed
- Changed how level ups work, now there will be larger speed changes earlier on and less noticeable speed changes when it is already difficult
- Added separate volume control for sound effects
- Altered vignette timing so colours come in faster
- Fixed initial obstacle sets after level up not being faster
- Minor graphics modifications
- Added three separate graphics levels: Good, Bad and Ugly. (Difference is mainly Anti-aliasing levels)
- Made the game over screen keep the “Press esc to return to menu” text up.
Hyper Gauntlet releases at 11PM, GMT. Can you feel it? I can definitely feel it, it feels like excitement! Make a note of the following infos, because you might need it!
- For exactly 7 days, it will be priced at $3.50, after which it will increase to $5
- You can buy it from itch.io and IndieGameStand, Desura and Humble Store will follow.
- You can still play v0.9 of Hyper Gauntlet free here, but you won’t be able to use power ups.
- Since power ups offer a huge advantage to play, high scores from the free version will be kept separate from the paid version.
- A new free version will be released soon, but it will only contain bug fixes. New features will only be found in the paid version of Hyper Gauntlet.
- If you buy the beta version of Hyper Gauntlet, you will automatically receive the full version when that releases, no need to buy again. You will also get a steam key when it is Greenlit (and you can help Greenlight it by following this link).
- If I can get you keys, etc. as new stores come online, then I’ll get you those free of charge.
- If you find a bug, your best bet is to send it to my bug tracker. It guarantees you’ll get a personal response from me, and I’ll do my best to fix it ASAP.
Well, I think that’s everything you need to know. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the comments section. If not, then I’ll see you at 11!